Sunday, February 27, 2011

more rant about jornalism...

So as we continue... as previously noted journalism is slowly being cut from colleges across Ontario. Sad isn't it? I feel as if I wasted my money. What good is doing a program where there is no employment in the end? :( Through highschool I was told I was a good writer. Writing has been a part of me since I was 6. I can't imagine a place without words or a notebook with just blank pages.
I live to write, writing is what I do best. Taking journalism may of been in a way a waste of time as it's not what I will continue to do in the future but it's also taught me a lot. I know how to properly write an article with facts, be unbiased, and I gained great research skills. My writing has also improved quite tremendously! I know how to write with better detail, and desribe something directly to the point of the reader.
Journalism...you may of lost your sight but I do hope employment will still be in freelancing. Who wouldn't want to read a magazine?

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing a history B.A, and then a history M.A. I have the same fears as you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there! We will get through it! :)

    ReplyDelete