Saturday, May 7, 2011

false dreams?

I've been sifting in my thoughts lately, it's been hard to determine what exactly that means...A lot has been going on in my world lately. Many changes have begun to take place. I am about to graduate from my 2-year journalism program. It seems to of gone sooo fast!! Crazy I mean I just remembered graduating from highschool as if it were yesterday!
This journey I am about to embark on is far from over and is rather more challenging then I had thought. Well, I have wanted to write all my life and journalism was as close to an educational diploma I could get with writing. I enjoyed it I guess, I just found it wasn't what I had thought it would of been like no opion no creative words etc. It's not quite my cup of tea as a writer. I like to distinguish myself amongst the emotional dwelling poems I write. I still hope to do something with my journalism diploma now that's just the thing...what to do!
There is hardly any work in that world with low pay. And not to mention I don't really agree upon the fact as it being something I can see myself doing for most of my life. I enjoy helping people, I like making a difference in someones life knowing I am helping. I've been told I am very good at it, I helped prevent my best friend from committing suicide so I guess it is a sign? Right!?
So I decided to apply to the 3-yr program of child and youth worker. This being said, I have my journalism diploma why take on another program? I belive I will get much more out of helping children then I will with writing meaningless thoughtless articles for the rest of my life. But I don't want to make the wrong choice. I want to keep up writing and not loose myself to something I'm not as good at.
I guess I am just doubtful and insecure of my abilities....sighs...
I also have been having odd dreams pointing out my insecuties and my need to find my inner child. Does this have something to to with school? Does this mean I have to let go of something? HELP!
Maybe I just am dwelling far to much on the idea of my future. It's hard you know, you're 20 one day then the next you are turning older. Everyday we age, I hate to think that but it's true. Life is far to short to spend time worrying. I believe self-discovery is all I need. I do hope I am making the right choice. This is all so hard!!
URghhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment